16 Feb 2013

You've Got Mail

I've just seen an old (not that old though....) movie.... You've Got Mail starred by Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan (1998). I love this movie..... it contrasted everything new and old... that although eventually the new ones will deprive the old ones, but still for me everything old should be maintained. It depicts how internet has changed the world, changed human relation, how we can easily discuss our private feeling to someone we barely know.

Another thing that I love about this movie is the bookstore owned by Kathleen Kelly (Meg Ryan).... oh how I love if there is a bookstore like that here.... where we are treated like a human and not just a consumer, where the owner knows everything about the books, where there is a personal touch in every product sold. The bag for the books is from specially designed cloth, not some cold and boring, inartistic plastic bags. Where the owner knows you by name.....how warm the feeling must be....

I also love the small bookstore design, it is lovely.... and the market (traditional?) where you can buy so many varieties of beautiful flowers. And last but not least.... I love the song "Somewhere over the rainbow" sang by Harry Nilsson in the ending part of the movie. It is a song from Wizard of Oz...


I love Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan in their romantic movie, Sleepless in Seattle and this You've Got Mail. According to Wikipedia there is one more Joe Versus Volcano, but I don't think I ever saw and heard about it.

And this is the lyric of the song:
Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high,
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?


And this is the real singer;



Hmmmm........ what is the connection between the movie, the song and handmade jewellery...... I am not sure, maybe the rainbow reminds me of the beautiful colors of beads.

No comments: